|Bernard J. Schroer
Bernard J. Schroer 788
"John Schroer came to Chicago in 1851 from Liebnau, Germany. He was father to Mrs. Agnes Roth, Mrs. Mary Bister (or Dister), and sons Joseph, Mathias, and Bernard and 30 grandchildren and great grandchildren, all living in Chicago at the time of his death in 1910 at age 91 and 11 months." -- source: Kay on Ancestry.com's community board, dated 10-20-2000.
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 2 Jun 1880, 582 Halstead, Chicago, Cook, IL. 25 Living here are John as head, wife Aplonia, sons John M., Joseph, and Bernard. Also living here are the Molinski family, Mr. & Mrs. Henry Loveland, Mr. & Mrs. Ferrel and their niece Katie Thurston.
• Residence, 5 Jun 1900, 2918 South Canal St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 34 Schroers are renting this house in which live the following: Bernard & wife Francis, daughter Mamie, and a family by the name of Dister -- all 10 of them, and Mr. & Mrs. Cos (?) for a total of 15. John Schroer, age 83, lives next door. Fifth ward, Enumeration District 130.
• Occupation: candle maker, 1900, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 34
• Residence, 23 Apr 1910, 2918 South Canal St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 13 Bernard is now living here but wife Frances doesn't appear in the same household. He's living with the same Mathew Dister family he was living with at this address ten years earlier in the 1900 census. However, he's listed as married. The spelling in 1910 is listed as "Bernhard Schroel" in Ancestry. It does not list a number of children.
• Occupation: Checker at the Stock Yards, 23 Apr 1910, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 13
• Will: Admitted to record in court 7-29-1910: Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 70 His will bequeaths to his wife Fannie Schroer "one third interest in and to any real estate which I may own or to which I may be entitled at the time of my death, in lieu of dower." He left the remainder of his estate, both real and personal, to his daughters Mamie Schroer and Irene Schroer in equal portions to have and to hold the same to them and their heirs.
Bernard married Frances Bilek, daughter of Matej Bilek and Rosalie Kuthan, on 10 Jun 1896 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA 34,74,783,784.,785 (Frances Bilek was born in Aug 1877 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA 25,34,606,787.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Marriage. 104 St. John Nepomucene, June 10, 1896. Witnesses were Mathia Schroer and Josephine Murphy, with Francis Bobal the priest.