John Viskocil II
John Viskocil II 898
NONE OF THIS ADDS UP AS SHOWN. IF THIS JOHN V. IS THE FATHER TO THE NEXT GENERATION OF JOHN V'S, THEN THE FATHER WAS 12 WHEN HE BECAME A FATHER. WHAT THROWS ME IS WE HAVE ELIZABETH BILEK LIVING AT 3119 BUTLER (NORMAL AVE.) WITH HER HUSBAND JOHN AT SOME POINT. THAT TELLS ME ALL THE JOHN V'S ARE RELATED BUT NOT BY FATHER/SON RELATIONSHIP. MAYBE THEY'RE UNCLE/NEPHEWS.
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Birth, Sep 1849, Austria. 34 This date & place of birth were as shown in the 1900 census, but the name& address for this individual are the same as for a John Vyskocil who died in 1914 with a different date of birth and place of birth.
• Immigration, 1872. 13
• Residence, 1875, Butler near 81st St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 127 This John is the only Viskocil in the city directory in 1875. He's listed as a laborer. It's listed as "lab. r. es. Butler nr. 81st st." I'm guessing that should read, "21st st." Butler was between Wallace and Parnell on the west and South Canal on the east. It looks as though there's no lasting vestige of Butler St.. If what used to be Parnell is now called Normal Ave., Butler would have divided the next block east in half.
• Residence, 1896-1897, 1015 W. 12th, Chicago, Cook, IL. 85 Living here with John Vyskocil II.
• Occupation: carpenter, 1896-1897, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 85 Both father & son are carpenters living at this address.
• Occupation: cigar maker, 1898, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 85 Is this the occupation of John V. I or John V. II? Only one was listed in the city directory for 1898.
• Residence, 1900, 3119 Butler, Chicago, Cook, IL. 34,85 I don't know if this is the correct John Viskocil. There is only one listed in the city directory for 1900. He's listed as head, with wife Antonie, daughter Katie, sons Everest, Charles, Frank, and a daughter Antonia. Also living here is John Pletka and family, Havlicek family, Koranda family, and Zach family. (A total of 27 people.)
• Occupation: carpenter, 1900, 3119 Butler, Chicago, Cook, IL. 85 Not sure this is the right John V.
• Residence, 16 Apr 1910, 3119 Butler, Chicago, Cook, IL. 13 Living here are John as head, Antoinette listed as mother, and children Catherine, Charles, Frank, and Antoinette. Also living in the house is the Joseph Bocek family. Viskocil owned the home.
• Occupation: Carpenter, 16 Apr 1910, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 13
• Religion: Catholic, 1914. 104 St. John Nepomucene Church on his death.
• Residence, 24 Dec 1914, 3119 Butler, Chicago, Cook, IL. 38
• Residence, 24 Dec 1914. 44 Address also listed at time of death at 3119 Normal Ave., Ward 4-11, Chicago, Cook, IL
• Death, 24 Dec 1914, 3119 Butler, Chicago, Cook, IL. 38 Cause of death - asthma. Secondary cause pulmonary edima. Doctor was James Turek. Person who reported the death was Frank Vyskocil of the same 3119 Butler address. There was a brother whose name was Frank.
• Probate: Intestate, Probate Court, Cook Cty, 11 Mar 1915. 70 Two documents:
John married Antonia Rejsek on 26 Jul 1875 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA.613 (Antonia Rejsek was born about 1850 in Austria,13,34 died on 26 Apr 1916 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA 900 and was buried on 29 Apr 1916 in St. Adalbert Cemetery, Niles, , IL 901.)
This marriage is shown as Jan Viskocil and Antonia Rejskowa.