John Thomas Kotrba 793,924
- Born: 30 Jan 1885, Illinois 34,132
- Died: 24 Mar 1928 at age 43 793
- Buried: 27 Mar 1928, Bohemian National Cemetery, Chicago, Cook, IL 925
At the Genealogybank.com website, I found a mention in the Inter Ocean newspaper listing a John Kotrba marrying a Mary Popalova, age 18. John was 22. Both are from Chicago. The article is dated 7-28-1890. FamilySearch also lists this marriage.
Ancestry shows a John Kotrba in the Suburbanite Economist 8-13-1972 as having retired from Spiegel after 36 years of service. This John lived at 2620 S. Union Ave. in Chicago.
Noted events in his life were:
• Baptism, 30 Jan 1886, St. John Nepomucene Church, Chicago, Cook, IL. 926 Grandparents Matej & Rosalie Bilek were his witnesses or sponsor. He was baptized together with his cousin, Frantisek Novotny.
• Residence, 13 Jun 1900, 480 29th St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 34 Living here were Michael (spelled Mekelus in Ancestry.com), wife Anna, sons John and Frank, and daughters Anna, Mamie, and Josephine.
• Occupation: Cigar maker, 13 Jun 1900, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 34
• Residence, 9 Jan 1920, 3307 W. 23rd St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 14
• Residence, early 1920s, Cicero, Cook, IL. 427,927
• Obituary: Denni Hlasatel, 26 Mar 1928. 928 DEATH ANNOUNCEMENT
Deeply grieved to announce death of well-known friend and our beloved husband, father, son, brother and brother-in-lkaw.
resided 2104 South 61st Court, Cicero
Died Saturday the 24 March 1928 at 8:30 o'clock in the evening after a brief painful sickness at 42 years of age. Dearly deceased was born in Chicago and a member of California Camp No. 12475 M.W. of A. and Cicero Elks. Dearly deceased may be viewed on 27 March at 11o'clock in the morning at the funeral home of Edvarda Hrejsy at number 5130 West 25th, until 2 o'clock in the afternoon and then taken to Bohemian-National Cemetery. Condolences received by:
Petronila Kotrba, his wife; Julie, Anna and Sylvia, daughters; Ignatz and Anna Kotrba, parents; Frank, brother, Anna Kocka, Minnie Boucek and Jessie Perkaus, sisters; brothers-in-law and other friends.
One is welcome to offer condolences after the burial, tel. Cicero 3214-M or at funeral home of Hrejsy, tel. Cicero 80.
John married Living