Caroline (Carrie) Pauline Ahrens 31,931
- Born: Germany 932
- Buried: 2 Aug 1916, Mt. Hope Cemetery, Chicago, Cook County, IL 31,933
Had six children and then moved to the south side of Chicago. Then had 2 more.
Of German descent, according to Earl & Marilynn Mette. -- se 4-10-2008 email. His wife, Caroline (Carrie) Ahrens was of German descent but apparently lived in Canada before moving to New York. They were married in West Troy (later named Watervliet) New York
Noted events in her life were:
• Residence: Canada. 666
• Residence: 2838 S. Throop, Chicago, Cook, IL. 81,933
• Residence: 2700 Archer Ave., Chicago, Cook, IL. 933
• Obituary: Chicago Tribune, 31 Jul 1916, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 31 Chicago Tribune (IL) - July 31, 1916
Deceased Name: Carrie Smith
Carrie Smith, July 30, 1916 beloved mother of Elmer, Mrs. John Mette, Mrs. N. P. Thompson, Edward, Mrs. C. P. Shaughnessy, and William Smith, formerely of 2838 Throop-st. Funeral from late residence, 653 W. 65th-st., Wednesday, Aug. 2 at 10 a.m. Autos to Mount Hope. Those wishing seats call Yards 721.
• Residence. 563 Lived near the end with her daughter Grace because she was badly crippled with arthritis and her husband couldn't take care of her. Lived with her until the end.
Caroline married Living