Emily Virginia Radcliffe 234
- Born: 2 Apr 1914, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA 3,92,234
- Marriage (3): Peter George Lynn on 8 Nov 1938 233
- Died: Sep 1976 at age 62 31
Emails from Boris Dralyuk, UCLA: (email@example.com)
Thank you, Ellen! It looks like I can fill you in a bit. EVR had a long association with the radio program Cavalcade of America:
Her first husband, George M. Lynn, was a very prolific bit-part actor; he also wrote a few plays and screenplays, sometimes in collaboration with Virginia:
After her third marriage (to William Hurst), she became a noted conservationist and authored a book called The Caribbean Heritage (1976), which I've perused today. Very nice book.
I'm attaching her NY Times obituary.
Noted events in her life were:
• Birth: St. Luke's Hospital. 92
• Residence, 2 Apr 1914, 5231 Cornell St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 92
• Residence, 6 Jan 1920, 1736 Seventeenth Ave. Denver, Denver, CO. 14
• Residence, 12 Apr 1930, 311 Portola, Palo Alto, Santa Clara, CA. 3 Living here are William H. as head, wife Bertha, and children William Jr. and Emily V.
• Education: UCLA, enrolled in 1933. 124
• Residence: 1881 Dahlia St., Denver, CO. 16
• Residence: New York City, NY. 16
• Residence: Puerto Rico. 233
• Obituary: New York Times, 28 Sep 1976. 235 "Virginia Radcliffe Hurst Dies; Was Writer and Conservationist
Virginia Radcliffe Hurst, known under her maiden name as a writer on the islands of the Caribbean and on Fire Island, died of cancer Friday in her home in Davis Park, Fire Island. She was 62 years old.
Mrs. Hurst, a native of Chicago who grew up in California, began her career as a writer for radio in Hollywood. She was associated with the radio show "Cavalcade of America" for many years. Since 1964 she had been a staff writer for Sontheimer and Company, international public relations consultants.
An ardent conservationist, she had frequently contributed articles on Fire Island to The New York Times. A book based on her years in the Caribbean during her marriage to William Hurst, "The Caribbean Heritage," is scheduled for publication Oct. 26.
A brother, William H. Radcliffe Jr. of Palo Alto, Calif., survives."
Emily married Living
Emily next married Living
Emily next married Peter George Lynn on 8 Nov 1938.233
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Divorce Filing. 233