George W. Nettleton 13,952
- Born: Abt 1872, Illinois 76
- Marriage: Augusta Burkland on 23 Apr 1900 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA 76
- Died: Jan 1955, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA about age 83 31
- Buried: 8 Jan 1955, Bethania Cemetery, Chicago, Cook, IL 31
An article appeared in the Tribune 9-8-1908 "Robbed by Adopted Daughter" -- "Lena White Admits Stealing $17 from Mrs. George Nettleton -- Spent $7 with Her Sweetheart.
Miss Lena White was arrested in a rooming house at 969 West Madison street last night, charged with stealing $17 from Mrs. George Nettleton, 340 West Erie street. Two years ago Mrs. Nettleton took the girl from a charitable institution and adopted her. The girl admitted the theft after she had been locked up at the Warren avenue police station. Ten dollars of the stolen money was found in her possession. She said she spent the other $7 with her sweetheart, but refused to tell his name."
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Name: George H. Nedleton. 76 His middle initial is H on his marriage cert. Last name misspelled on his marriage cert?
• Alt. Birth, Abt 1866. 13
• Residence, 28 Apr 1910, Illinois Street, Lemont Township, Cook, IL. 13 Living here are George as head, wife Augusta, sons Clarence, George, daughter Endna A., son James, and daughter Ruby.
• Occupation: wagon driver, Apr 1910, Lemont, Cook, IL. 13
• Obituary: Chicago Tribune, 7 Jan 1955, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 31 Chicago Tribune (IL) - January 07, 1955
Deceased Name: George W. Nettleton Sr.
George W. Nettleton Sr., late of 532 W. 45th place, fond father of Clarence, George Jr., Edna Grambauer, James, and Ruby Huyssen, grandfather of seven grandchildren, and great-grandfather of seven great-grandchildren. Service Saturday, 1 p.m., at funeral home, 46th place and Wallace street. Interment Bethania. BOulevard 8-0703.
Chicago Tribune (IL)
Date: January 07, 1955
Edition: Chicago Tribune
Record Number: 19550107dn048
Copyright 1955, Chicago Tribune. For permission to reprint, contact Chicago Tribune.
George married Augusta Burkland, daughter of Living and Living, on 23 Apr 1900 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA.76 (Augusta Burkland was born about 1874 in Sweden,76 died on 12 Jan 1933 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA 40 and was buried on 16 Jan 1933 in Justice Park, Cook, IL 54.)
They got married by William Norton, a minister living at 1330 George St., Chicago.