|Byron E. Arnold
IL Statewide Marriage Index shows a Byron E. Arnold married a Delia Costello on 10-27-1892. May have been a 2nd marriage for both. The 1930 census he says his age at first marriage was 53, however. But the IL Statewide Marriage Index also has his middle initial correct. This jives with the 1910 census.
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 1892, 4128 Prairie Ave., Chicago, Cook, IL. 610 Living in the precinct 3 years, in the county 10 years, and the state 10 years.
• Residence, 26 Apr 1910, 1448 W. Harrison St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 13 He's listed as married, but no wife is listed with him. Says he was married 10 years, is a lodger with the McCarty family and one other male lodger.
• Occupation: Wood Finisher in an Automobile Factory, 26 Apr 1910, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 13
• Residence, 6 Jan 1920, 2610 Lowe Ave. 14 Lived here with wife Catherine, renting.
• Employment: Wood Worker in a factory, 6 Jan 1920, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 14
• Residence, 12 Apr 1930, 2819 Union Ave., Chicago, Cook, IL. 3 He lived here with Catherine, his wife. They owned the house. Value of home was $2300.
• Employment: Street Cleaner, Cleaning Dept, Apr 1930. 3
• Burial, 1945, Bethania Cemetery, Chicago, Cook, IL. 63 There is no headstone. We checked 7-08. He's buried with his wife, Catherine, his father-in-law Michael Mette, his sister-in-law Minnie and Minnie's husband William Gavin.
Byron married Kitty (Kattie in 1880 census) Mette, daughter of Michael Mette and Anna Kearns, on 3 Oct 1918 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA 3.,76 (Kitty (Kattie in 1880 census) Mette was born about 1874-1877 in Baden, Germany,14,25,363 died in Feb 1961 in Chicago area, Cook, IL 31 and was buried on 17 Feb 1961 in Bethania Cemetery, Chicago, Cook, IL 31.)
Married by Rev. A.M. Eash, 720 W. 26th St., Chicago. This is the Mennonite minister connected to the Mennonite Mission Church.