William (R?) Mette
William (R?) Mette 25
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Birth, Oct 1858. 34
• Alt. Birth, 1859. 44
• Residence, 1871, 268 Clybourne Ave., Chicago, Cook, IL. 127 William Mette was a machinist living at this address.
• Naturalization, 4 Nov 1872, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 242 His Naturalization card lists only the date and the fact that he was born or has allegiance to Germany. No witnesses -- in that blank is written "court order only."
• Residence, 8 Jun 1880, 2538 Emerald, Chicago, Cook, IL. 25 Living here, according to the census, were William Mette, Anna Mette (listed as his wife, but possibly his sister-in-law), Matilda, Kattie, and Minnie.
• Residence, 5 Jun 1900, 264 92nd St., Hyde Park Township, Chicago, Cook, IL. 34 Living in this house are George & Mary Keuper, their 7 daughters, and William Mette as a boarder. There's also a servant, Chas Donney.
• Occupation: Saloon keeper, 5 Jun 1900, Hyde Park, Cook, IL. 34
• Residence, 28 Apr 1906, 205 76th Place, Chicago, Cook, IL. 44 I also have George Keuper living at this address at some point in time.
• Occupation: Laborer, 28 Apr 1906. 44
• Death, Apr 1906. 44 Cause of death was tuberculosis with chronic alcoholism. Place of death was 205 76th Place, Chicago. That's the same address as for George Keuper (of Mette & Keuper meat shop fame) and Mary Mette.
• Probate: Died intestate. 70 Paperwork filed 8-7-1906 in Probate Court, Cook County. Value of his personal property did not exceed $500.
William had a relationship with someone.