Mary Mumford 239
- Born: 1683, Abingdon Parish, Gloucester Co., VA 239
- Marriage: Jean deJarnette in 1703
- Died: 1765, Prince Edward County, Virginia at age 82 239
Noted events in her life were:
• Will. 239 Tradition has it that Mary, widow of John, moved to Price Edward Co., Va., with her son-in-law and daughter, Jacob and Eleanor (DeJarnette) McGehee. Mary's will, of St. Patrick's Parish, Prince Edward Co., Va., was dated April 24th, 1765. She devised "to son-in-law Jacob McGehee, my featherbed with the whole furniture and bedspread, likewise whatever belongs to me after my decease."... No other children were mentioned.... Issue: All born Abingdon Parish, Gloucester Co., Va.
1. Elias (#2) son of John & Mary Dejurner, baptised 8-20-1704
2. John, son of John & Mary DeJurner, bap. 11-4-1706.
3. Mary, dau. of John & Mary DeJurer, bap. 2-5-1708.
• Residence: Moved to Prince Edward Co. Va. 244 Moved with son-in-law Jacob McGehee and her daughter Eleanor.
• Will, 24 Apr 1765. 245 She left "to son-in-law Jacob McGehee, my featherbed with the whole furniture and bedspread, likewise whatever belongs to me after my decease." Jacob was the Executor of the will. Probated 8-19-1765. No other children were mentioned.
Mary married Jean deJarnette in 1703. (Jean deJarnette was born about 1680 in Rochelle, France 239 and died in 1703 in Gloucester County, Virginia 239,243.)