Albert J. Koca Jr. 3,1053
- Born: Abt 1917, Illinois 3
- Marriage: Arline
- Died: 19 Jan 2002, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA about age 85 1056
- Buried: 29 Jan 2002 1056
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 11 Apr 1930, 1011 Tripp Ave., Chicago, Cook, IL. 3 Living here are Albert J. as head, Annie, his wife, and children Mildred, Albert, and Loraine. Also living in the same house (owner of the house) is Harry Rosenfeld, wife Clara, and children Joseph, Henry, and Tillie.
• Education: Graduated from Morton High School: Cicero, Cook, IL. 1056
• Military Service: Seaman in the Navy during WWII. 1056 Stationed in the Philippines.
• Military Service: Served 2 years in Navy during Korean War. 1056 Served as a torpedo man on a submarine.
• Residence: Park Ridge, Cook, IL. 1056
• Obituary, 22 Jan 2002, Chicago Tribune. 31 Chicago Tribune (IL) - January 22, 2002
Deceased Name: ALBERT J. KOCA, 81
Albert J. Koca, 81, of Park Ridge, a retired defense contract administrator, died Saturday, Jan. 19, in Resurrection Medical Center in Chicago. Born in Chicago, Mr. Koca graduated from Morton High School in Cicero and served two years as a seaman in the Navy during World War II, stationed in the Philippines. After his military service, Mr. Koca worked on the assembly line of a torpedo factory in Franklin Park and then served another two years in the Navy during the Korean War. During that tour of duty, Mr. Koca served as a torpedo man on a submarine. He returned to Chicago and in 1957 began working for the U.S. Department of Defense in Chicago. Mr. Koca was a contract administrator who retired in 1987. Until three years ago, he was a volunteer at Resurrection Medical Center, where he clocked 7,000 hours of service. He assisted patients and worked in the hospital's gift shop. "He was very outgoing and the kind of person who was the life of the party," said his wife of 60 years, Arline, who added that Mr. Koca was her high school sweetheart. Other survivors include a son, Gary, and two grandchildren. Prayers will be said at 9:15 a.m. Tuesday in Nelson Funeral Home, 820 Talcott Rd., Park Ridge. Mass will be said at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Mary, Seat of Wisdom Catholic Church, 920 Granville Ave., Park Ridge.
Chicago Tribune (IL)
Date: January 22, 2002
Edition: Northwest Final
Record Number: CTR0201220151
Copyright (c) 2002, Chicago Tribune Company. All rights reserved.
Albert married Arline. (Arline was born about 1923,1057 died on 20 Jan 2004 1057 and was buried on 23 Jan 2004 in All Saints Mausoleum, Des Plaines, Cook, IL 1057.)