Earl David Yarcho 76
- Born: 9 Jan 1890, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 3,1041
- Marriage: Grace May Keuper on 2 Jun 1917 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA 76
- Died: 1 Jul 1957, Dallas, Dallas, TX at age 67 94,1037
- Buried: Hillcrest Memorial Cemetery, Dallas, Dallas, TX 1041
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Name: Carl. 31
• Residence, 4 Aug 1920, 304 Gilbert St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 14 Living here are David Yarcho as head, and wife Grace.
• Residence, 6 Jul 1921, 7035 Clyde Ave., Chicago, Cook, IL. 92
• Occupation: Railroad Engineer, 1921. 92
• Residence, 7 Apr 1930, 7703 Cregier Ave., Chicago, Cook, IL. 3
• Occupation: Civil Engineer for Railroad, 4 Aug 1930. 3
• Military Service. 3 Enlistment in WWI 6-21-17 with a discharge date of 5-6-19. Enlistment in WWII 3-3-42 with a discharge on 7-18-1944.
Army; 363rd Engineer
• Residence, 6 Apr 1940, 818 W. Gandy St., Denison, Grayson, TX. 6 Living here are Earl Yarcho as head, wife Grace Mae, and children Marilyn and John D.
• Residence, 1957, 4128 McFarlin, Dallas, Dallas, TX. 1041
• Occupation: Civil Engineer for US War Dept, 6 Apr 1940. 6
• Obituary: Dallas Morning News, 2 Jul 1957. 31 2 July 1957 Dallas Moring News
LT COL EARL D YARCHO OF ENGINEERS CORPS DIES
Lt Col David E Yarcho, 67, of 41528 McFarlin, who had held key posts in US Army Engineer activities in this area, died Monday in a Dallas hospital after an illness of several weeks.
Col Yarcho was a native of Cedar Rapids Iowa and was a graduate of the University of Iowa. He served in France as a captain with th AEF in World War I.
From 1938 to 1942 he was head of the engineering division of the Dennison District of the Corps of Engineers. During World War II he was the engineer in charge of the construction of Camp Maxey near Paris Lamar County. After completion of the camp Colonel Yarcho commanded the 363rd Engineer Battalion in Iran. Following the war Colonel Yarcho was assigned to duties with the US Engineers in the Dallas area until his retirement in 1953.
Funeral services will be conducted in Lamar & Smith Chapel 800 West Jefferson at 4 pm Wednesday. Burial will be in Hillcrest Memorial Park.
Survivors include a son, Jack David Yarcho of Detroit Mich; a daughter, Miss Marilyn C Yarcho of Dallas; a sister, Mrs Charles Kiersey, Cedar Rapids Iowa; a brother I W Yarcho, of Cedar Rapids Iowa; and a grand daughter, Miss Diana Lynn Yarcho of Detroit Mich.
Earl married Grace May Keuper, daughter of George Keuper and Mary Mette, on 2 Jun 1917 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA.76 (Grace May Keuper was born on 15 Mar 1892 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA,34,38 died on 1 Nov 1951 in University Park, Dallas, TX 38 and was buried in Sparkman Hillcrest Memorial Park, Dallas, Dallas, TX 19.)
Married by A.L. Fisher, minister in Chicago.