Julius Caeser Woods
Julius Caeser Woods 25
On a historic land ownership map from 19??, Julius is shown owning 40 acres in Lee Township (Township 1 South, Range IV West of the 4th P.M.)
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 13 Aug 1860, Lee Township, Brown, IL. 18 Living here are James Woods, wife Agnes, son Julius, 2 daughters ages 9 & 7, son James (?), another male son aged 4, and Mary, aged 1. Living next door are Susan A. Woods, aged 78, Samuel, age 45, Wesley, age 26, and then Nancy Famer (?), age 13.
• Residence, 24 Jun 1870, Lee Township, Brown, IL. 24 Living here are Julius Woods, wife Amanda, and two month old Louisa. Also living with them is Emily Jackson, who was the keeper of the Brown County poor house. It looks as though she owned the land Julius was farming.
• Occupation: Farm Laborer, 24 Jun 1870, Lee Township, Brown, IL. 24
• Residence, 19 Jun 1880, Lee Township, Brown, IL. 25
• Occupation: Farmer, 19 Jun 1880, Lee Township, Brown, IL. 25
• Residence, 1 Jun 1900, Lee Township, Brown, IL. 34 Living here were Julius as head, wife Amanda, daughters Susan J. Brown, Agnes, Estella, Mable, Lulu, Marie, and son Frank. Also living here was Rita Brown, his grand daughter.
• Residence, 4 May 1910. 13 Living here were Julius as head, Amanda as wife, son Edgar J., daughter Estella, son Frank, daughter Marie, and granddaughter "Retta" Brown.
• Residence, 3 Jan 1920, Lee Township, Brown, IL. 14 Living here are Julius as head, wife Amanda C., son Frank C., and "Reta" Brown, granddaughter.
• Residence, 7 Apr 1930, Elkhorn Township, Brown County, IL. 3 Living here are Julius as head, wife Amanda, and son Frank (listed as single).
Julius married Amanda C. Reeves. (Amanda C. Reeves was born about 1854 in Illinois 25.)