James Woods 18
The 1840 census lists a James Woods living in Brown County, but because the way the census is designed (no other names given living in the household), it's difficult to piece things together. It looks to me as though the James Woods listed in the census was James Woods' (1825-?) father because the James Woods that was born in 1825 would only have been about 15 at the time of the census, and it's unlikely that he was living independently.
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 26 Sep 1850, Township 1 S R 4 W, Brown, IL. 17 Living here are James Woods, Agnes his wife, and daughter Julia.
• Occupation: Farmer, 26 Sep 1850, Township 1 S R 4 W, Brown, IL. 17
• Residence, 13 Aug 1860, Lee Township, Brown, IL. 18 Living here are James Woods, wife Agnes, son Julius, 2 daughters ages 9 & 7, son James (?), another male son aged 4, and Mary, aged 1. Living next door are Susan A. Woods, aged 78, Samuel, age 45, Wesley, age 26, and then Nancy Famer (?), age 13.
• Occupation: Wagon & Chair Maker, 13 Aug 1860, Lee Township, Brown, IL. 18
• Residence, 25 Jun 1870, Lee Township, Brown, IL. 24 Living here are James as head, wife Agnes; sons James and John, Daughters Mary, Eliza, Rhoda, and then sons Jacob and William.
• Occupation: Farmer, 25 Jun 1870, Lee Township, Brown, IL. 24