William C. Parkhurst
My gut tells me the Parkhurst family was of high social standing in the community. I see the Parkhurst name in the town of Richland (nearby) -- a B.E. Parkhurst, lawyer, found in "History of Oswego County, New York"
No will/probate available on Ancestry 9-2015
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, Abt 1869-1879, 213 Central Square, Oswego, Oswego, NY. 127
• Residence, 1880, 220 W. Second, Oswego, Oswego, NY. 127
• Occupation: Laborer, 16 Feb 1892, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 1128
• In the News: Company, 8 Mar 1894, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 340 Two days after his sister-in-law's death, this was printed in the Daily Palladium 3-8-1894, filler on p. 3. "Mr. C. Rounds, Buffalo, was a guest at William Parkhurst's part of last week."
• In the News, 30 Nov 1898, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 339 Oswego Daily Times - 11-30-1898 -- "Mr. Kelly presented a report from County Treasurer Moore rehearsing the facts in the action for services brought by William Parkhurst who with Charles Tifft has been in charge of the Armory since the local company entered the volunteer service. He asked for instructions."
• Residence, Abt 1888-1902, 59 Varick St., Oswego, Oswego, NY. 127 By 1909, someone else was living at this address -- unless it was an apartment complex.
• Occupation: Laborer, Abt 1888-1902, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 127
• Residence, 1919, Pulaski, Oswego, NY. 339
• In the News, 4 Feb 1919, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 339 "Miss Lula Parkhurst of Pulaski was a guest of her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Will Parkhurst."
• Residence, 1928, 802 Oneida St., Fulton, Oswego, NY. 127 Living here with daughter Lulu.
• Residence, 7 Apr 1930, 802 Oneida St., Fulton, Oswego, NY. 3 Living here are William N. Parkhurst as head, and daughter Lula M.
• Occupation: Commerce, chocolate works, 7 Apr 1930, Fulton, Oswego, NY. 3
• Residence, 1934, Fulton, Oswego, NY. 1169
• Residence, 6 Apr 1940, 217 West 3rd St., Fulton, Oswego, NY. 6 Living here are William M. Parkhurst as head, and Lulu M., his daughter.
• In the News, 4 Oct 1934, Mexico, Oswego, NY. 1169 "Miss Lula Parkhurst accompanied by her father of Fulton were Sunday callers of Mr. and Mrs. Harrison Furney. Other guests of the week were ..."
William married Elizabeth Shannon, daughter of Thomas Shannon and Mary Willis. (Elizabeth Shannon was born about 1858 in Ireland,1127,1128 died on 10 Apr 1914 in Syracuse, Onondaga, NY 3,35 and was buried on 20 Apr 1914 in Riverside Cemetery, Scriba, Oswego, NY 35.)