- Born: 4 Aug 1826, Kilbronoge, Skull, Cork, Ireland 1125
- Marriage: Ellen Shannon on 29 Mar 1860 in Kilcoe, Cork, Ireland 1147
- Died: 3 Sep 1904, Kilbronoge, Skull, Cork, Ireland at age 78 1125,1150
A search of "Ireland, Tithe Applotment Books, 1814-1855, Cork, Skull, 1827" shows a Jas. Hegerty and a John Willis and Phil Willis farming a plot together. Jas. Hegerty shares his portion of the plot with another person whose name I can't read. This is in the townland of Keelbronogue, the name of the townland listed in Minnie Shannon Hegarty's death probate records. Ellen "Wills" is listed as living in Keelbronogue, parish of Skull, county Cork in the probate records of Minnie.
FamilySearch shows a lot of John Willis' from Schull so I can't tell which one is which (father/son/grandfather... no direct tie?) There are more records of John Willis' from Schull who died there - I can't tell which is which and I don't have them all listed under Deaths.
A Philip Willis appears in FamilySearch as having been b. in 1828 and d. in 1911 in Skull. Could that have been his father?
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Name: Wills. 71,1147
• Occupation: Farmer, 1868, Kilbronoge, Skull, Cork, Ireland. 703 Was listed as farmer on birth cert of his son, Thomas.
• Death, Jan-Mar 1902, Schull, Cork, Ireland. 1124
• Death, Jul-Sep 1904, Schull, Cork, Ireland. 1124 Here's another option -- John Willis, age 79, birth year 1825. Died in Schull.
• Death, 3 Sep 1906, Kilbronoge, Skull, Cork, Ireland. 703 John died of old age - of 2 weeks duration, no medical attention. Witnessed by Richard Willis, his son. The death occurred in Kilbronogue.
John married Ellen Shannon, daughter of Thomas Shannon and Mary Willis, on 29 Mar 1860 in Kilcoe, Cork, Ireland.1147 (Ellen Shannon was born about 1840 1147 and died in Jul-Sep 1900 in Skull, Cork, Ireland 1126,1149.)
Westcorkgenealogy.com says they were married at Holy Trinity Church of Ireland in Schull, Cork, Ireland on 3-29-1860.