Jane Shannon 333
An interesting side note: I see an Eliza Shannon married a person with the last name of Jermyn in County Cork, Ireland -- Jermyn must have been an Irish name. (source: westcorkgenealogy.com)
No will/probate available on Ancestry 9-2015
Noted events in her life were:
• Immigration, 1880. 34
• Residence, Mar 1894, 126 Tallman, Oswego, Oswego, NY. 333
• Residence, 6 Jan 1900, 126 Tallman, Oswego, Oswego, NY. 34 Living here are Thomas S. as head, wife "Jennie W.", and children Harry J., Thomas S., William J., Ernest, Elmer M. Fossie M., and Chester M. Also living here are the Rowloff family of three.
• Residence, 22 Apr 1910, 332 Fifth St., Oswego, Oswego, NY. 13 Living here are Thomas S. Jermyn as head, wife Jane, and children Thomas, Elmer, Flossie, and Chester. They own their home free and clear. It was a farm house.
• In the News: visit by Thomas W. Shannon, brother, 23 May 1912, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 1172 "Thomas W. Shannon in Town. Thomas W. Shannon, of Rochester, some twenty-five years ago a resident of Oswego, is visiting his sister, Mrs. Thomas Jermyn at No. 332 West Fifth street. Mr. Shannon is in the paper mills agency business. He is a brother-in-law of Major A.M. Hall."
• Residence, 7 Aug 1912, 332 W. Fifth St., Oswego, Oswego, NY. 1170 Living here at date of Flossie's wedding.
• Residence, 1915, West Fifth St., Oswego, Oswego, NY. 1133 Living here are Thomas as head, wife Jane, and children Thomas S., Elmer, and Chester.
• Obituary: Oswego Daily Palladium, 1 Aug 1917. 340 Mrs. Jane Jermyn. At 3:30 o'clock tomorrow afternoon from the family home, 332 West Fifth street, will occur the funeral of Mrs. Jane Jermyn, for thirty-five years a well-known resident of Oswego, who died yesterday following a brief illness. She was born in Ireland sixty two years ago and after she left there came at once to Oswego to make her home. She had long been a member of Christ church. Surviving are four sons, Thomas, Chester and Elmer Jermyn, of this city, and William Jermyn, of Rochester, and one sister, Mrs. Frank Maxwell, of Rome. Note to self: I found a Frank Maxwell with wife Florence in Rome, NY. Florence was b. in Ireland, Frank was b. in Canada. Was Florence a sister to her husband? I have no evidence of a Florence Shannon!
• Religion: Church was Christ Church, Episcopal, 1917. 31
• Obituary, 31 Jul 1917, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 339 Mrs. Jane Jermyn, aged 62 years, a well-known resident of the Seventh ward, died early this morning at the family home, No. 332 West Fifth street, following a brief illness. Mrs. Jermyn was born in Ireland but came to this country about thirty-five years ago and has since that time always made her home in this city. She was a member of Christ church and took an active interest in the affairs of that church. She is survived by four sons, Thomas, Chester and Elmer Jermyn of this city and William Jermyn of Rochester, and one sister, Mrs. Frank Maxwell of Rome.
• Legal, 18 Jun 1918. 339 "Thomas Jermyn was granted letters of administration on the estate of his mother, Jane Jermyn, who died in this city July 31, 1917, leaving an estate of $3,000 real and $1,000 person."
Jane married Thomas S. Jermyn on 8 May 1877 in Schull, Cork, Ireland 34,61.,1124 (Thomas S. Jermyn was born in Jun 1855 in Ireland,34,1133,1170 died on 4 Aug 1916 in Oswego, Oswego County, NY 31,339 and was buried on 6 Aug 1916 in Riverside Cemetery, Scriba, , NY 31.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Marriage, 1877. 1124 From Ireland Marriages 1845-1958 vol. 10 p. 313
A person on Ancestry shows that "Jannie W. Shannon" married Thomas S. Jermyn on May 8, 1877 when she was 22 years old. Got married in Kilcoe Church, Lissaclarig, Ireland. "Jannie" is connected in "kenjermyn's tree" and we're connected by DNA.