|Thomas S. Jermyn II
Thomas S. Jermyn II 1133
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Birth: U.S.A. 150
• Residence, Sometime between 1892-1906, 126 Tallman, Oswego, Oswego, NY. 127 Listed under Jermyn spelling
• Occupation: driver, Sometime between 1892-1906, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 127
• Occupation: Butcher, Sometime between 1892 & 1906, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 127
• Residence, 1 Jun 1900, 126 Tallman, Oswego, Oswego, NY. 34 Living here are Thomas S. as head, wife "Jennie W.", and children Harry J., Thomas S., William J., Ernest, Elmer M. Fossie M., and Chester M. Also living here are the Rowloff family of three.
• Occupation: Meat Cutter, 1 Jun 1900, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 34
• In the News: illness of 10 weeks, 9 Apr 1907. 1179 "Back on Duty. After an illness of ten weeks Thomas Jermyn returned to-day to his duties at Norris.' "
• Occupation: Meat Cutter, 22 Apr 1910, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 13 # of weeks out of work in 1909 = 0.
• Occupation: Packing Company, 4 Mar 1911, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 339 "Thomas Jermyn's New Position. Thomas Jermyn, who for the past seven years has been employed at the Norris market, and who prior to that time was associated with Martin Walters in West Fifth street, has accepted a position as salesman for the Jacob Dold Packing Co. of Buffalo.
• Property: Bought house, 3 May 1912, West Fifth St. near Ellen. 1180 "Sale of Real Estate.
• Property: Sale of property in Ellen street, 2 Apr 1913, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 1181 "Sale of Real Estate.
• Entertainment: Opening of a summer resort, 31 May 1913, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 1182 Mexico Point Inn
• Residence, 1915, West Fifth St., Oswego, Oswego, NY. 1133
• Residence, 12 Sep 1917, 332 W. Fifth St., Oswego, Oswego, NY. 150
• Occupation: Salesman for Wilson & Co, Chicago, IL, 12 Sep 1917. 150
• Physical Description, 12 Sep 1917. 150 5'8" tall, medium build, 166 lbs. (labeled "stout"), gray eyes and light hair.
• Court: Petition for estate of his mom, 18 Jun 1918, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 1183 Surrogate's Court.
• In the News: Hits Woman with Car, 12 Mar 1919, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 339 "Late this afternoon Mrs. Alice Bocco of Fifth avenue, was hit by an automobile driven by Thomas Jermyn, the meat salesman, at the corner of West First and Bridge streets. Mrs. Bocco was knocked to the pavement, her coat torn and she was badly shaken up. She was taken to her home by Mr. Jermyn and the accident reported to the police."
• In the News: illness, 28 May 1919, Ellen Street, Oswego, Oswego, NY. 339 "Thomas Jermyn, who has been confined to his home in Ellen street, for the past two weeks by illness, is reported considerably improved today."
• Obituary, 23 Jun 1919, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 1184 Attention, Elks!
• Funeral, 24 Jun 1919, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 1185 Funeral of Thomas Jermyn. Many friends attended the funeral services this afternoon for Thomas S. Jermyn at four o'clock at the family home, 332 West Fifth street. The services were conducted by the Rev. G.M. Brewin, in the absence of the Rev. R.H. Gesner, rector of Christ church. The floral offerings were many, giving testimony of the esteem in which Mr. Jermyn was held by his many friends. The bearers were W. W. Spencer, Bert James, R.G. Blackburn, John M. Riley, Edward Driscoll and Edward C. Schiling. Burial was made in the family plot at Riverside cemetery, where committal services were conducted by the Oswego Lodge of Elks, many of its members attending the funeral on a body." [ --? sic!]
• Probate. I can't find any evidence of any probate records for this person in Cook County on Ancestry -- 12/15.