Chester Meade Jermyn
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 1 Jun 1900, 126 Tallman, Oswego, Oswego, NY. 34 Living here are Thomas S. as head, wife "Jennie W.", and children Harry J., Thomas S., William J., Ernest, Elmer M. Fossie M., and Chester M. Also living here are the Rowloff family of three.
• Residence, 22 Apr 1910-1918, 332 Fifth St., Oswego, Oswego, NY. 13 Living here are Thomas S. Jermyn as head, wife Jane, and children Thomas, Elmer, Flossie, and Chester. They own their home free and clear. It was a farm house. This is the address listed on the marriage cert of Chester in May/June 1918.
• Residence, 1915, West Fifth St., Oswego, Oswego, NY. 1133 Living here are Thomas as head, wife Jane, and children Thomas S., Elmer, and Chester.
• Education, Jun 1917, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 1187 Graduated high school with his specialization in commercial course.
• Residence, 1 Jun 1918, 332 W. Fifth St., Oswego, Oswego, NY. 1170 He was living here on the date of his June 1 marriage. He moved down the street when they got married, and five days after the ceremony, he registered for WWI.
• Residence, 5 Jun 1918, 175 E. 3rd St., Oswego, Oswego, NY. 150
• Occupation: Worked for People's Gas & Electric, Oswego, 5 Jun 1918, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 150
• Physical Description, 5 Jun 1918. 150 Tall, gray eyes, light brown hair.
• In the News: Donated to WWI effort, 28 Jun 1918. 340 His name was printed in a long list of local donors to the war efforts.
• Residence, 6 Jan 1920, 332 Fifth St., Oswego, Oswego, NY. 14 Living here are Chester M. Germyn as head, wife Anita M., and brother Elmer.
• Occupation: Bookkeeper, 6 Jan 1920, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 14
• In the News: Made Sec/Treas of Hospital, 24 Jan 1938, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 1188 "Chester Jermyn Made Secretary and Treasurer of Hospital
• In the News: Accident, 4 Jun 1941, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 340 "Chester Jermyn, 94 East Fifth street, reported Wednesday noon he was driving at East Tenth and Oneida streets when two boys, Nelson Champion and Dennis Russel, who were riding a bicycle, struck the side of his car. The boys were uninjured but headlights on the car were damaged, he reported."
• Residence, 1943, 94 E. 5th, Oswego, Oswego, NY. 127
• Occupation: Sec-Treas of The Oswego Hospital, 1943, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 127 Hospital at 110 W. 6th.
• Organizations: Masonic Temple Knights Templar, 15 Jan 1952, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 340 He was elected to be an officer of the Lake Ontario Commandery, No. 32, Knights Templar.
• Occupation: Accountant for Maltby-Campbell Co. 31
• Religion: Episcopal. 31
• Obituary: Syracuse Herald Journal, 4 Mar 1952. 1189 "C.M. Jermyn Funeral to Be Tomorrow
• Probate. I can't find any evidence of any probate records for this person in Cook County on Ancestry -- 12/15.
Chester married Anita May Murdock, daughter of Living and Living, on 1 Jun 1918 in New York.1170 (Anita May Murdock was born about 1895 in New York,3,1170 died on 7 Sep 1976 in Oswego, Oswego County, NY 31 and was buried on 9 Sep 1976 in Riverside Cemetery, Scriba, , NY 31.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Marriage, 1 Jun 1918, Oswego, Oswego County, NY. 1170 They were married by Richmond H. Gesner, Priest at the Episcopal Church of Oswego. Witnesses were Mary Woodard and Elmer M. Jermyn.