- Born: Abt 1335 320
- Marriage: Unknown
- Died: 19 Apr 1390, Glenorchy, Scotland about age 55 319,320,324,325
Great (x 16) grandfather of Richard Perry Radcliffe. Buried at Dysart, Scotland. Dysart is located on the Firth of Forth, about 40 miles due east of Stirling. The word "cam" means crooked in English. According to (http://themacgregordnaproject.blogspot.com/) "cam" means "blind in one eye" (possibly in Gaelic).
1 - Iain Cam (one-eyed). d 19 April 1390. Buried on the north side of the high altar in Dysart near Dalmally, the old church in Glenorchy. This continued to be the burial place of the McGregor chiefs until 1528. A number of stone coffins together with foliated tomb slabs each showing in a panel the figure of an armed warrior with spear and two-handed sword, short tunic and high, conical, pointed helmet were found when the old church was demolished. Issue was Iain Dubh and Gregor Aluin (Handsome).
2. - John Macgregor of Glenorchy, who died in 1390, is said to have had three sons; Patrick; his successor' John Dow, ancestor of the family of Glenstrae, who became the chief of the clan; and Greogor, ancestor of the Macgregors of Roro.
3. - JOHN CHAM MacGREGOR, born about 1335, is termed "Cham", both in contemporary records and poetic legends, on account of blindness in one eye. He succeeded his grandfather as Laird of Glenorchy. John died 19 April 1390, and was buried on the north side of the high alter of Dysart Church". This was the ancient church of Glenorchy, and about 1810 several stone coffins of the early MacGregors of Glenorchy were exhumed from the ruins of this edifice
4. - IAIN Mac GREGOR OF GLENORCHY, 2nd Chief of Clan Gregor; called Cam ('The One-eyed'): held (the three glens of the rivers Orchy, Strae and Lochy on the opposite watershed to Sirathfillan and Glendochart; d 19 April 1310 -- Numbers 1-4 quoted from http://clanmacfarlane.100megsfree5.com/20096.htm Item 4 uses "Burkes Peerage 107th Ed., Burkes Peerage and Baronage (107th Edition pub 2003/4), 4-p2491.
Dad was the source for this guy.
Noted events in his life were:
• Nickname: Cam (The One-eyed). 326 Called that because he was blind in one eye.