Frederick Warburg 31
There are several articles about this man in local NY papers, inc. papers from Ossining, Rye, Saratoga Springs (with Frederick living in Kuhn), Tarrytown (with Fred living in White Plains), and NY City. Looks like he was a moneyed man who was involved with horse racing, politics, investment banking (Kuhn, Loeb & Co partner, see Wikipedia article). In all these articles, there is only one mention of a wife, and that was when they threw a dinner party in 1953 in Tarrytown, NY. In 1942, he was on leave of absence from Kuhn, Loeb & Co. because he had been "commissioned a lieutenant-colonel and is attached to the Adjutant General's office in Washington.," according to the NY Sun, 10-6-1942. He was a traveler in the highest social circles.
Noted events in his life were:
• Education: Harvard, 1912. 1215 Graduation in 1912.
• Employment: American International Corporation, Abt 1912. 1215 Worked here after college
• Travel, 2 Sep 1948. 68 Ireland to NY
• Travel, 28 Aug 1953. 68 Travelled from Le Havre, France 8-28 to New York, landing 9-4-1953. Frederick and Wilma together.
• Obituary, 11 Jul 1973. 1216 International Deaths
• Obituary: Jewish Telegraphic Agency, 11 Jul 1973. 1217 Frederick M. Warburg, banker, civic leader and sports enthusiast, died early today at the age of 75 in Memorial Hospital in Winchester, Va., after an extended illness. A partner in Kuhn Loeb and Co. for 40 years, Mr. Warburg represented the fourth generation of his family in the 106-year-old Wall Street firm. He was a trustee and president of the 92nd Street YMHA, of the Federation of Jewish Philanthropies in New York and American Jewish Committee member. He donated to the American Museum of Natural History its Warburg Hall of Ecology, named in memory of his father whom he succeeded as a Museum trustee and secretary.
• In the News: New York Times, 3 Nov 1907. 235 "Mr. and Mrs. Frederick Warburg have sailed for America after a tour of several weeks on the Continent and in England."
Frederick married Wilma L. Shannon, daughter of Thomas W. Shannon and Henrietta A. (Wilma L. Shannon was born on 15 Aug 1903 in New York 14,68,1127,1133 and died on 25 Jun 1993 in Middleburg, Loudoun, Virginia 31,1152.)