Philip Nathaniel Pendleton 46
- Born: 1650, Norwich, England 46
- Marriage: Isabella Hurt in 1680 in Virginia 46
- Died: 9 Nov 1721, King & Queen County, VA at age 71 220
Great (x5) grandfather of Richard Perry Radcliffe.
Ancestry.com says they lived in Culpeper, VA.
"Philip Pendleton , born in Norwich, England , 1650 , emigrated to the Colony in 1674 , visited Eng. in 1680 , returning, m. in 1682 Isabella Hurt or Hart , and died in 1721 . issue: " Source: Genealogical and Historical Notes on Culpeper County, Virginia, available on Ancestry.
In "Virginia Land, Marriage, and Probate Records, 1639-1850," it says
Name: Philip Pendleton Date: 3 Jul 1787 Location: Spotsylvania Co., VA Property: 440 acres in Berkeley Par., Spots. Co., etc., also fourteen slaves. Notes: This land record was originally published in "Virginia County Records - Spotsylvania County, 1721-1800, Volume I" edited by William Armstrong Crozier. Remarks: July 3, 1787. Henry Pendleton of Spots. Co. to Jos. Herndon, Henry Pendleton, the younger; Jno. Pendleton, Philip Pendleton. In trust to pay several debts for which the sd. latter parties stand security, etc. Conveyance of 440 a. in Berkeley Par., Spots. Description: Grantee Book: L
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Birth, 26 Mar 1654. 328
• Immigration, 1674, Virginia. 329 From Immigrant Ancestors: A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1964. 75p. Repr. 1986. Page 53
Philip married Isabella Hurt, daughter of William Hurt and Margaret Glover, in 1680 in Virginia.46 (Isabella Hurt was born in 1654 in Virginia 46.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Alt. Marriage, 1682. 327