Dr. James Marshall Radcliff 187
- Born: 6 Jan 1845, Libertytown, , MD, USA 16,56,232
- Marriage: Annie Rebecca Wagner on 18 Nov 1873 in Maryland 56
- Died: 24 Apr 1933, Decatur, Macon , IL, USA at age 88 232,404
- Buried: Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Frederick, , MD 232
After his marriage, they resided in Libertytown, MD until 4-1-1882 when they moved to Frederick. James M. was a dentist and active in the M.E. Church of Frederick. He served as the executor for his father's estate. Account of the estate having been settled was published in the Frederick, MD News on 10-6-1891. 16
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 11 Jul 1860, Frederick County, , MD. 18
• Residence, 17 Jun 1880, Libertytown, Frederick, Maryland. 25 Living here are J.(?) Marshal Radcliff, wife Annie R., and daughters Mary Grace and Alice Blanch. Also Ann Nelson and Lydia Costley(?).
• Occupation: Dentist, 17 Jun 1880, Libertytown, , MD. 25
• Residence, 15 Jun 1900, 18 East Second St., Frederick, Frederick, MD. 34 Living herre are James M. as head; wife Anna R.; daughters Mary G., Alice B., and Edith H.; and sons Albert A., and James R.
• Occupation: Surgeon Dentist, 15 Jun 1900, Frederick, Frederick, MD. 34
• Residence, 21 Apr 1910, 18 East Second St., Frederick, Frederick, MD. 13 Living here are James M. as head, wife Anna R., "Atla" A., son; and Edith H., daughter.
• Occupation: Dentist, 21 Apr 1910, Frederick, Frederick, MD. 13
• Residence, 13 Jan 1920, 18 East Second St., Frederick, Frederick, MD. 14 Living here are "Marshall" as head, wife Anna, and daughter Edith H.
• Occupation: Dentist, 13 Jan 1920, Frederick, Frederick, MD. 14
• Occupation: Dentist: Frederick, Md. 392 Retired in 1925. Had had his practice on West Market St., Frederick.
• Residence, 1927, Decatur, Macon, IL, USA. 392
• Obituary: The Frederick Post, 25 Apr 1933, Frederick County, , MD. 392 "Dr. J.M. Radcliff Dies, Aged 87 Yrs -- Funeral Will Take Place on Thursday From Home of Son, This City.
Dr. James Marshall Radcliff, former well known resident of Frederick, where he practiced dentistry for half a centry and was a faithful trustee of the Methodist Episcopal church, died at 6 a.m. Monday in Decatur, Illinois, after an illness of about a week. Dr. Radcliff was 87 years of age and had been in failing health for the past two years.
Word of the decease of the former Fredericktonian was received Monday by his son, Dr. A. Atlee Radcliff who has been kept informed of his condition through telephone communication with his sister, Mrs. E.T. Evans, with whom the elder Dr. Radcliff resided in Decatur. Although announcement of the death came as a surprise to his many friends in this community, members of his family here were not unprepared for the end due to his advanced age and failing health.
Dr. Radcliff observed his 87th birthday on January 6 at the home of his daughter where he has resided since the death of his wife, the late Mrs. Anna Rebecca Radcliff, seven years ago. The son of the late Upton and Mary Elizabeth Radcliff, he was born in Liberty and at the age of 29 years began the practice of dentistry there. The following year he came to this city and began the practice of his chosen profession, retiring after 50 years at the age of 80.
The deceased was one of the most devoted members of the Methodist Episcopal church, dating back to many years ago, before the name was changed to Calvary Methodist Episcopal church and until he left Frederick to live in Illinois. He was a trustee of the church until the left the city and then was named trustee emeratus. He was an adherent of the Republican party and was formerly a director of the Mt. Olivet Cemetery Company. He had a large number of friends who learned with regret of his passing.
Dr. Radcliff is survived by the following children: Dr. A.A. Radcliff and Miss Edith Radcliff this city; J. Ralph Radcliff, Los Angeles, Cal., Mrs R.M. Richey San Jose, Cal; and Mrs E.T. Evan, Decatur, Ill. and the following grandchildren: Miss Marianna Radcliff, A Atlee Radcliff, Jr., and Richard M. Radcliff, this city, Mrs. Blanche Josephine Ritchey, and Robert M. Ritchey, San Jose, Cal., and one sister, Mrs. Annie Reisier, this city.
Mr. and Mrs. Evans will leave Decatur today and accompany the remains to this city, arriving Wednesday noon and proceeding to the residence of Dr. Radcliff, Rockwell Terrace where funeral services will be held at 10:30 o'clock Thursday morning. Interment Mt. Olivet cemetery. C.E. C??e and Son, funeral director.
James married Annie Rebecca Wagner, daughter of Edward J. Wagner and Lavinia Jane Horner, on 18 Nov 1873 in Maryland.56 (Annie Rebecca Wagner was born on 29 Apr 1848 in Pikesville, , MD, USA,56,232 died on 19 Apr 1926 232 and was buried in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Frederick, , MD 232.)