Mary Louisa Hancox 4,13
- Born: Abt 1908, Illinois 13
- Marriage: Dorsey Byron Ford
- Buried: Mar 1989, Clearwater, , FL, USA 508
According to a letter from Sally Packard to Richard P. Radcliffe dated prior to 7-2002, she writes that Mary lived in Grayslake, IL and she went to see her once or twice. She moved to Florida, and Sally heard from her daughter, Diane, after Sally's mother died.
From a letter from Sally Packard to Ellen Woods dated 12-17-2005:
"A bone of contention between Mother and Grandmother, 60 years after the event, concerned a trip that Grandmother took with her niece, Mamie, to Niagra Falls. They were gone a week. Mother was twelve years old and was left in charge of all the children. Ester was 10, but she [was] off to play with her friends each day. Louisa was too young to help, and Mamie's baby was under a year. Whenever Mother got [angry], she would bring up this incident. It is no wonder that Mother was overly serious and not too much fun. Mamie's children were named Mary, Joseph and Josephine, which shows a certain lack of imagination and perhaps a lack of intelligence. Mary was the one Mother liked and kept in touch with. Her married name was Ford. She had 3 children, but I have forgotten their names. They lived in Gray's Lake and we would drive up there about once a year to see them. Later Mary needed her birth certificate and couldn't find one. Mother signed an affidavit for her; she was her oldest living relative."
Noted events in her life were:
• Residence, 20 Apr 1910, 5645 Calumet Ave. Chicago, Cook, IL. 13
• Residence, 2 Jan 1920, 244 Prospect Ave., Shields, Lake, IL. 14 Living here are Albert, wife Ellen, daughters Josephine, Mary, and Dorothy. They were renting.
• Residence, 14 Apr 1930, 619 Pacific Ave. Waukegan, Lake, IL. 3 Living here are Josephine Guschle as head; Dorsey Ford, brother-in-law; Mary Ford, sister; Diana, niece; and Joseph Hancox, brother.
• Residence, 1953, Florida. 509
• Obituary, 23 Mar 1989, St. Petersburg, Pinellas, Florida. 510 St. Petersburg Times (FL) - March 23, 1989
Deceased Name: FORD, MARY HANCOX
FORD, MARY HANCOX, of Belleair, died Tuesday (March 21, 1989) at Morton Plant Hospital, Clearwater. She was born in Chicago, Ill., and came here in 1953 from Libertyville, Ill. She was a member of the Episcopal Church of the Ascension, Clearwater. She was a member of the Florida Gulf Coast Art Center, Belleair, the Leading Ladies of PACT, and the Belleair Country Club. Survivors include a son, John H., Clearwater; three daughters, Diane Heye and Penny Young, both of Clearwater, and Joy Nixon, Traverse City, Mich.; 12 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. Moss-Feaster Guardian Funeral Home, Fort Harrison Chapel, Clearwater.
St. Petersburg Times (FL)
Date: March 23, 1989
Page: 13; 24; 22; 30
Record Number: 015
Copyright (c) 1989 St. Petersburg Times
Mary married Dorsey Byron Ford, son of John E. Ford and Maude A. (Dorsey Byron Ford was born on 20 Jun 1905 in Illinois,3,93 died Oct 25-1975 in Clearwater, Pinellas, FL, USA 19,138 and was buried in Sylvan Abbey Memorial Park, Clearwater, Pinellas, Florida 19.)