Michael K. Moroney
Michael K. Moroney 581
Michael (Sr) is buried at Calvary . His tombstone says born 1/6/1836 however I think that was information from his second wife. Not sure how correct that date is but it is the only one we have other than census. His second wife is Anna O'Connor. married Oct 22 1881 in Chicago. As you can see from the dates he didn't wait very long to remarry. The list of people buried with Michael are as follows:1) Infant Moroney (Matthew"s child) 2)Anna Moroney (second wife) 3)Michael (jr) 4)infant Moroney (Matthew's child) 5) Mary Therese White (Michael's daughter) 6 ) Elizabeth T Moroney ( Michael's daughter) 7)Catherine Barry Moroney (Michael's first wife) 8) Catherine A Maroney ? Date of Internment 7/4/1870 9)Margaret A Maroney ? Date of Internment 10/26/1869 10) James and Mary Moroney ? Date of Internment 7/16 1866. This is an 8 X 10 foot plot so they have to be burried almost on top of each other. Plot was purchased July 14, 1866.
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Birth: Galbally, Tipperary, Ireland. 61
• Immigration, 1854, Ireland. 13
• Residence, 1875, 201 28th, Chicago, Cook, IL. 127 A Michael "Maroney" lived at this address, listed as a laborer in the 1875 directory. A second Michael "Maroney" lived at 568 S. Jefferson, also listed as a laborer. He was living there with a relative named Dennis "Maroney," who worked for the C.B. & Q.R.R., boarding at 568 S. Jefferson.
• Residence, 12 Jun 1880, 277 28th St. Chicago, Cook, IL. 25 Living here are Michael Maroney as head, Catherine, his wife; John, age 13, his son; Michael, age 8; Eliza, born Nov. of 1880, daughter; Catherine, age 4, and Mary, age 6 -- daughters.
• Residence, 16 Oct 1888, 431 26th St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 85,127,585 This is also the address listed in the 1888 Chicago Voter Registration. There, it says he was born in Ireland, in the precinct 8 years, County 30 years, State 34 years, he's been naturalized with the date of his papers being 1859 through the Court of Cook Co. He registered on 10-16-1888. This may not be the correct Michael Moroney. See note in notepad.
• Residence, 7 Jun 1900, 429 26th, Chicago, Cook, IL. 34 Living here are Michael as head, his wife Ann, and children "Mathew," (b. 1882) Teresa, (b. 1876) and a family of Foleys and Lillies.
• Occupation: Longshoreman, 7 Jun 1900, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 34
• Residence, 13 Apr 1908, 2918 Emerald Ave., Chicago, Cook, IL. 86
• Residence, 15 Apr 1910, 455 W. 26th St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 13 Living here are Michael as head, wife Anne, and son Matthew. Also living here are families by the last name of Kaspar, Kaiser, and Macdonald.
• Occupation: none, 15 Apr 1910. 13
• Occupation: Laborer for the city of Chicago, 1913. 44 His death cert says he was a laborer for the city from 1900 to 1913.
• Death, 21 Aug 1913, 455 W. 26th St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 44 The informant was Anna Moroney of the same address. His death cert says he had been born in Ireland in 1841; he was married; he was a laborer in the city; had lived at 455 W. 26th St. for 35 years; he'd been a resident of the city 35 years; his parents were James Moroney and Catherine Kiley, both born in Ireland. He died of an internal obstruction from which he suffered four days. His doctor was Dr. G.A. Gowen -- Helen Moroney Hegarty's doctor. Doctor's address was 501 W. 26th St. Undertaker was Blake and Sheehy, 7841 S. Halsted St. Says he was buried at Calvary 8-23-1913.
• Cemetery: Calvary Cemetery: Evanston, Cook County, IL. 63 Buried in the south half of lot 9, Block B, Section D. with other Moroneys.
Michael married Catherine Barry, daughter of Unknown and Unknown. (Catherine Barry was born about 1837 in Limerick, Ireland,13,31,44 died on 24 Aug 1880 in Cook County, IL 44,586 and was buried on 25 Aug 1880 in Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, IL 31,63.)
Michael next married Anna O'Connor, daughter of Living and Living, on 22 Oct 1881 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA 74,76.,580 (Anna O'Connor was born on 2 Jun 1848 in Ireland,34,44 died on 5 Apr 1921 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA 44 and was buried on 8 Apr 1921 in Calvary Cemetery, Evanston, Cook County, IL 44.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Marriage: St. James Parish on Wabash Ave, 20 Oct 1881. 76 Moroney is spelled Moroney. He was 40, she was 35. The church record shows Denis Fraher and Ann Gebnau (?) were witnesses, P.H. Riordan is the priest.