|Mary Margaret Fitzgerald
Mary Margaret Fitzgerald 596
Obit reads: Moroney -- Mary Margaret Fitzgerald Moroney, formerly of 2428 LaSalle st., beloved wife of John J., fond mother of Mary Margaret, Helen, Joseph and Edward, sister of Mrs. Catherine Bingenheimer, Johanna Fitzgerald and the late Patrick. Funeral Friday at 8:45 sharp from brother's residence, 5321 S. Halsted to All Saints' church. Interment Mount Olivet. For reservations call Steward 9700. (Name of paper is unknown.) Cut out obit was found in old Bible owned at one time by William Mette. Belle Radcliffe said Claire Moroney and Eliz. Bilek Moroney were ones to cut out obituaries and save them. They may have cut this one out and put it in the Bible.
Noted events in her life were:
• Religion: Catholic, 1896. 104 All Saints Parish (Chicago:Wallace St.) Marriages 1894-1925, image 56/263
• Residence, 9-10-1897 through 1920, 2428 LaSalle St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 14,92 In 1910 living here are John J. as head, Mary M., his wife; daughters Mary C, Margaret, and Helen, sons Joseph and "Redmond."
• Occupation: Housewife, 13 Nov 1923, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 54
• Cemetery: Mt. Olivet, Chicago, Cook, Illinois. 31
• Obituary: newspaper unknown. 597 MORONEY- Mary Margaret Fitzgerald Moroney , formerly of 2428 LaSalle st- beloved wife of John J. fond mother of Mary, Margaret, Helen, Joseph and Edward. sister of Mrs. Catherine Bingenheimer, Johanna Fitzgerald and the late Patrick. Funeral Friday at 8;45 sharp from brothers residence 5321 S. Halsted to All Saints church. Interment Mount Olivet. For reservations call Stewart 9700.
Mary married John Joseph Moroney, son of Michael K. Moroney and Catherine Barry, on 28 Oct 1896 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. (John Joseph Moroney was born about 1870 in Illinois,3,13 died on 25 Nov 1955 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA 12,107 and was buried on 29 Nov 1955 in Mt. Olivet, Chicago, Cook, Illinois 81.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Marriage: All Saints, 28 Oct 1896. 104 Witnesses John Ronan and Ellen Fitzgerald. Priest: T.J. Whalen
Moroney-Fitzgerald wedding at All Saints in the Familysearch.org web site, Catholic Church Records, 1833-1925. The reference shows the marriage on p. 15, which is image 54/139.