|Charles N. Groos
I suspect this family changed the spelling of their last name. Could be Groos, Grafs, Grass, Grose, ? Spelling of last name on birth certs of their youngest children are mixed up, too. Death cert of son has it listed as Groos. Marriage record is Groos.
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Birth, Dec 1864, Germany. 34
• Alt. Name: Charles N. Groos, 30 Jan 1895. 76,92 Listed as Charles W. Groos on the death cert of Louis. Also listed as Groos on the marriage license of Charles & Annie Mette. Also listed as Groos on death cert of son Ernest.
• Residence, 12 Jun 1888, 2545 S. Halsted St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 577
• Occupation: Butcher, 12 Jun 1888, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 577
• Residence, 30 Jan 1895, 3035 Main St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 578
• Occupation: Butcher, 30 Jan 1895, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 578
• Residence, 5 Jun 1900-10 May 1910, 5956 May St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 13,34 In 1900, living here are Charles W. Gross as head, wife Anna, and children Harry, William, Amelia, "Bernidahartina", Charles, Louis, Ernest, and Alma.
• Occupation: Foreman at a packing house, 5 Jun 1900. 34
• Cemetery: ??: Oakwoods Cemetery, Chicago, Cook, IL. 63 There is a Charles Gross buried with Henry & Bernhardine Mette at Oakwoods. I assume this is he. Sec. J. lot 128.
• Residence, Mar 1921, 5956 May St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 44
Charles married Anna/Annie Mette, daughter of Henry Mette and Berhardine (Bernhardin) A./Bernardine Thomas, on 26 Apr 1885 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA.76 (Anna/Annie Mette was born in 1864 in Berlin, Germany,25 died on 11 Feb 1939 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA 54,561 and was buried on 14 Feb 1939 in Oak Woods Cemetery, Chicago, Cook, Illinois 61.)