Listed in Chicago death records as Bertha Hagerty, birthplace was Germany. Spouse's name was James. Bertha's father's name was Frederick Berg. No image available on the death cert., no cemetery listed.
Noted events in her life were:
• Residence, 1910, 2703 Din? St. Chicago, Cook, IL. 13 Living here are Frederick as head, and daughter Bertha (divorced) using the last name of Berg. If the census is correct, she had one child but it was no longer living.
• Occupation: Stripper in a Cigar Factory, 1910, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 13
• Residence, 12 Apr 1930, 7860 Oakleaf Ave., Elmwood Park, Chicago, Cook, IL. 3 She's living with her brother Otto and wife Amanda plus their children Myrtle, son-in-law Fred Groete and wife Eleanore, and grandchild Lorraine.
• Occupation: Machine Operator at a Dress Company, 15 Apr 1930, Chicago area, Cook, IL. 3
• Residence, 19 Mar 1945, 1839 N. Washtenaw Ave., Chicago, Cook, IL. 38 Death cert says she'd been living at this address 4 years. Informant on death cert was Herman A. Berg of 4039 W. Hirsch St., Chicago.
• Occupation: Seamstress at a dress company, 19 Mar 1945, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 38
• Medical: Died of heart disease, 19 Mar 1945. 38
• Funeral, 21 Mar 1945. 38 Funeral director was E. Moeller at Halleman Funeral Home, Inc.; 4138 W. North Ave., Chicago.
Bertha married James Herbert Hegarty, son of James Hegarty and Minnie W. Shannon. (James Herbert Hegarty was born on 4 Nov 1877 in New York, , NY, USA,11,38,150,337,338 died on 28 Jan 1929 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA 40,335 and was buried on 31 Jan 1929 in Mt. Hope Cemetery, Chicago, Cook County, IL 1,38.)
I've looked in GenealogyBank.com for mention of this wedding in the InterOcean under the following spellings: