|Lottie M. Reed
Lottie received a civil war pension from her husband August's service. Her phone # in 1914 was Wentworth 4495.
Noted events in her life were:
• Alt. Name: Charlotte. 24 Listed as Charlotte when she was one year old on the 1850 census.
• Residence, 1850, Baltimore, Baltimore, MD. 17
• Residence, 1860, Baltimore, Baltimore, MD. 18 There is a mark in the column for Charlotte that she's a resident over age 20 who cannot read or write. She's only 12 in 1860.
• Residence, 1 Jun 1870, Baltimore, , MD. 24 Living here were August as head, his wife Charlotte, and carpenter John Miller and factory worker George Stevens. Living nearby is August's brother Henry and his family (previous page of the census). All living in District 1.
• Residence, 1 Jun 1880, 2453 S. Halsted, Chicago, Cook, IL. 25 Living here are Mr. & Mrs. Thomas Shaughnesey and then August and Lotti plus their son August. Also here is William "Metti", August's cousin.
• Residence, 8 Jun 1900, 2600 Wentworth, Chicago, Cook, IL. 34 They were renting this house. Living here were August and wife Lotta, plus his married daughter Hannah and Hannah's husband Albert Klein, their 2 daughers and his niece Lotta Mette and 3 (as far as I can tell) unrelated boarders with the last names of Woodward, Brown, and Stamm. Ward 5, enumeration district no. 123, sheet 13.
• Residence, 18 Apr 1910, 6221 S. Green, Chicago, Cook, IL. 13 Living here were Albert, Hannah, Viola, and Howard Klein, plus Lottie Mette, mother-in-law to Albert?, age 61 perhaps. She was a widow.
• Death, 27 Mar 1917, 6221 S. Green, Chicago, Cook, IL. 44 Listed as Lottie Metle in FamilySearch's Cook County Deaths, 1878-1922. Listed as widowed. Died of Chr. Heart Disease with contributing factors of Chr. Endocarditis. Attended by Dr. G.A. Hass. Informant was Mrs. B. Stump, living at 6239 S. Green St. (Down the street from Lottie, who was living at 6221 S. Green, Ward 31.)
• Obituary: Chi. Tribune, 29 Mar 1917. 31 Chicago Tribune (IL) - March 29, 1917
• Organizations: W.R.C. No. 191. 654 WRC No. 191, Brighton Review No. 49, Herman Sisters No. 13, Camp No. S.P.O.of A.
• Will: Filed 5-22-1917: Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 70 The will directs her Executrix to first pay her debts and funeral expenses.
Lottie married August Mette I, son of George Mette I and Annie Elizabeth. (August Mette I was born in May 1844-1848 in Hessen-Kassel, Germany,25,628 died on 19 Dec 1901 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA 40 and was buried on 22 Dec 1901 in Oakwoods Cemetery, Chicago, Cook, Illinois 63.)