|Sarah L. Turner
At the time of the 1900 census, she's 81 years old, head of the household, living on a farm in San Jose, CA. She's a widow, her parents born in Connecticut.
Noted events in her life were:
• Alt. Birth: England. 14
• Residence, 10 Jun 1860, Sault Sainte Marie, Chippewa, MI. 18 Living here are William as head, wife Sarah, and children John P., Ermina P., Hulda A., Estelle S, Jennie (Joanna?) M.
• Residence, 3 Jun 1870, Marshall, Calhoun County, MI. 24 Living here are Sarah as head, Hulda, Estelle, Jenni, Charles, and William.
• Residence, 7 Jun 1880, 516 Third St., San Jose, Santa Clara, CA. 25 Living here are Sarah L. Hammond as head, children Hulda A., Jennie M., Charles T., and William M. Also living here are William S. Greathead, his wife Estelle, and their son Arthur.
• Residence, 25 Apr 1910, 441 S. 2nd St., San Jose, Santa Clara, CA. 13 Living here are Sarah L. Hammond as head; Sarah E. Greathead, daughter; Jennie M. Hammond, daughter; Arthur W. Greathead, grandson, and Carrie A. Kover, servant.
• Obituary: San Jose Mercury News, 16 Apr 1915, California. 678 "Death Summons Mrs. Sarah T. Hammond at Advanced Age"
• Obituary, 16 Apr 1915. 679 "The funeral of Mrs. Sarah Turner Hammond, widow of General William Hammond of Michigan, will be held tomorrow morning at 9:45 o'clock at..."