May have died before the 1930 census because Margaret, his wife, appears as Head in that year.
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Birth, 1882. 13
• Occupation: Barber, From 4-1904 thru 10 Jun 1909, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 92 He's listed as a barber on the birth certs of 2 of his children... the only 2 I've checked so far.
• Residence, 12 Aug 1911, 2551 Emerald Ave., Chicago, Cook, IL. 92
• Occupation: Laborer, 12 Aug 1911. 92 He was a laborer until his death, according to his death cert.
• Residence, 19 Apr 1910, 1946 String St., Chicago, Cook, IL. 13 Living here are Fred as head, Margaret his wife, Harold their son; Bernice, daughter; Freddie the son; Hazel, daughter; and Raymond, son. They are sharing a rear residence with 9 others.
• Occupation: Saw man at a bellows company, 19 Apr 1910, Chicago, Cook , IL, USA. 13
• Residence, 19 Mar 1913, 2819 Emerald Ave., Chicago, Cook, IL. 92
• Death. 44 Caused by pneumonia
Fred married Margaretha/Maggie/Margaret Anna Mette, daughter of Henry Mette and Berhardine (Bernhardin) A./Bernardine Thomas, on 31 Aug 1903 in Chicago, Cook , IL, USA.76 (Margaretha/Maggie/Margaret Anna Mette was born on 12 Aug 1878 in Illinois,34,92 died on 28 Oct 1975 31,561 and was buried on 30 Oct 1975 in Wunders Cemetery, Chicago, Cook, IL 31.)
Married by Paul Foerster, paster of German Evangelical Zion Church, Chicago. (Church was located at the corner of W. 14th and S. Union -- a different source said it was at 604 S. Ashland when Rev. Paul Foerster was the pastor.)